Concert announcements, celebrity stories top 2017 A&E list
1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
FARGO — When it comes to arts and entertainment content, celebrity news and concert announcements reigned supreme in 2017. Here's a quick look at what our readers spent their time reading last year:
- Fargo gets rare peek at Sam Elliott's role of a lifetime: After screenings at the Sundance Film Festival and South by Southwest, the drama, produced by Fargo-based Northern Lights Films, highlighted the Fargo Film Festival. Elliott's role as an aging action star prompted Oscar Award chatter, the nominations for which will be announced later this month.
- RibFest announces lineup: Readers sank their teeth into the April story about the June event's lineup, garnering more than 12,000 views, which just barely beat familiar faces and legendary names grace 2017 Bluestem Concert series
- Local lookalikes pass for celeb status: This story featured local people whose resemblance to various celebrities was uncanny.
- ND native Josh Duhamel splitting with wife Fergie: Everybody loves a juicy celebrity breakup, and even more so when the celeb is from North Dakota. The September announcement of the Josh and Fergie split had more than 10,000 views.
- Red River Valley Fair rolls out grandstand entertainment was another popular article with readers.
- 'American Pickers' star talks tats, bikes and burlesque: Danielle Colby came to Fargo in October for the Roughrider Iron & Ink Expo, and more than 8,000 people read her honest answers to various interview questions.
- Why former 32 below frontman decided to leave FM's "best live local act: John Lamb caught up with Matt Aakre to talk about what the musician has been up to since leaving the Fargo band 32 Below in 2012.
- Many people also read about cancellations from rock band Yes, singer Gavin Degraw and My Endless Summer Tour featuring rapper Flo Rida.
- The list finally rounds out with WE Fest 2017 photos, the Bruno Mars review as well as the Journey review.